Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh SNAP Painting

Oh SNAP!


I'm gonna start this post with a warning....THIS PROJECT IS MESSY!!!!
That being said...

What you need:
Some sort or tray with raised edges (like a cookie tray)
Rubber Bands (however many is up to you, I used three)
Various Water Colors (diluted food coloring will work but will stain clothes!)
Water Droppers (Not sure what the real name is but an old medicine dropper will work)
Paper (I like white, shows the colors better)
Napkins or Towels for the mess!
oh, and one more, an apron or play clothes you don't care about

Alright, first take your tray and place you rubber bands around it. STRETCH!!! I used three.  Next, slide in your paper.


Did you mix your colors? Well hurry up, I'll wait.....
Okay, good. Oh, below are those dropper things. See 'em?

Take your dropper with color and drip it onto your rubber bands. It will probably roll off and onto the paper, no worries, it's ok.  

You can do one color at a time or do multiple colors before the next step.
Once the color is on the rubber band, brace the tray with one hand, use the other to pull back the rubber band and SNAP IT!

I wish I could post the reaction the kids at work had to this! (But i wouldn't do that without parent's permission) The look of complete surprise and utter excitement when the paint splattered all over the paper, themselves, and their friends next to them was priceless!

Repeat as many times as your heart desires! This is such an easy and fun project a kid of any age can enjoy it! I only used a few colors for my example, but my kids at work made beautiful works of art!
I would love to know how this works out for you! Don't forget to leave comments!!

ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment